Natural Tips For Flu Season
- When the flu is going around, diffuse thyme essential oil .
- Fill the glass “bowl” of the diffuser with water, add a few drops of the oil, and light a tealight candle under the bowl.
- Once the water is heated enough, the oil’s mist will permeate the room and kill flu germs.
- Always close the toilet lid before flushing – the power of flushing spreads germs to every surface in the bathroom.
- While you are sick and after a cold or flu, don’t stick that germ-filled toothbrush back into your mouth. Rinse it thoroughly with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol, or throw it out and buy a new one.
- Carry waterless hand sanitizer with you to use after using the plastic pen for credit card transactions, shaking hands, touching public doorknobs, taking an item off the shelf that ten others may have already touched in a store, etc.
- Carry your own pen. The pen at the grocery store or bank has been used by thousands of people – daily – and has probably never been washed.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, nose, eyes and ears when you are out or even when someone in the home is sick. Germs enter the body through these four openings.
- Teach your kids to never share drinks, suckers, Chapstick, etc., so they don’t bring home someone else’s germs.
See “The Hidden Germs
” in our Kids section for more information on germs, Natural Flu Wonderdrug
, and “Flu
“on our site.