Natural Clothing Tips
To control static cling, rub lotion into the palms of your hands, then rub your hands over pantyhose.
Remove wrinkles by with vinegar. Mix 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water. Put the mixture into a spray bottle, and mist the hanging clothes. Shake, and let hang to dry. (The vinegar smell will not last.)
Keep your closet from getting too crowded, or all of the shirts and dresses will get wrinkled.
To prevent fading, wash and dry clothes inside out. This even makes a difference in clothes washed in cold water, and if you hang clothes on the line instead of putting them in the dryer. (See Natural Laundry Tips for more tips.)
When kids grow too tall for their long pants, cut them off for shorts. Jeans shorts don’t even need to be hemmed.
Jeans that are too small can also be made into aprons, skirts, purses or wallets.
Don’t throw out stained t-shirts or single socks. They make great cleaning rags.
Natural Shoe Tips
- For an emergency shoe shine, rub the inside of a banana peel over leather shoes, wipe off with a paper towel, then buff.
- Shoes can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Rub in cooking oil or Vaseline for a shine.
- Leather shoes will stay supple if you rub the outside with olive oil.
- Keep the tops of boots standing up instead of folding over with a water noodle pool toy.
- These are very long, and can be cut up into pieces to fit the height of the boots.