Natural Beauty Tips
- Sleeping on your back will prevent many wrinkles and breakouts on your face, and even wrinkles in your cleavage area.
- Wearing clothes that are tight make you look heavier. Even a slim girl can bulge over too-tight jeans.
- Put on a coat of clear nail polish before a colored polish to keep your nails from discoloring.
- Being angry really does take away from your beauty now and will result in more wrinkles later.
- Wearing less make-up makes you look younger.
- Vitamins and minerals are needed for health and beauty, but more is not always better. Too much Vitamin A or Selenium can cause hair loss.
- If you are unhappy with a hair conditioner, it will still make a great “shaving cream” for your legs in the shower.
- When shaving, don’t stretch the skin or you could cause ingrown hairs by shaving hair off slightly under the skin.
- Drink plenty of water and get eight hours of sleep every day.
- Tighten bra straps as they stretch out, or buy a new bra when they can’t tighten any further, to keep the bosom looking young and perky.
- Instead of shaving over and over, with the hairs coming in darker and thicker each time, try waxing. Waxing to remove hair will result in softer hairs each time and result in permanent hair loss after a few sessions. Aussie Nad’s is an all-natural product which is easy to use.
- Sleeping on two or three pillows at a time, or putting a wedge pillow under your regular pillow will help get rid of dark circles under your eyes.
- Exercise while dieting is a must or your skin will be too large (and saggy) for your smaller body. It is much, much tougher to tighten skin after your body shrinks than as you go.
- After washing your face, rinse in cold water (fair-skinned people should use cool instead of cold) to close the pores and tighten the facial muscles.
- If you are out of quick-dry spray for nails, dip your fingers into a bowl of ice-cold water. (Don’t to touch the sides of the bowl.) Your nails will dry very quickly.
- Good posture can make you look much slimmer.
- Wearing a low heel will give you better posture than wearing flat shoes.
- Wearing very high heels too often will give you a masculine, muscular calf instead of a feminine, rounded calf.
- Renew thick nail polish by adding a few drops of fingernail polish remover to the bottle.
- Make a nail polish bottle not get stuck closed, put a thin coat of Vaseline inside the lid.
- Clean hair brushes occasionally with dish soap and borax. In a dishpan of very warm water, add 1/2 cup of borax and a few drops of liquid dish soap. Swish the brushes to stir, rinse, and let air dry. Scrub any stubborn spots with a used toothbrush.
The Eyes of Youth
Young people have a different outlook, which is natural. Our youth think that they will live forever. After all, only old people die and they think that old is “forever” away. On the other hand, they are apt to forget that a tattoo lasts forever and get one on a whim.
Bad things only happen to others, not to them. This thinking is especially prevalent when it comes to drug overdoses or addiction, drunk driving, or sex. Why is pregnancy such a surprising result after participating in the very act that creates babies? They think that they can’t get an STD if they only have one partner – but the one partner may have already been with others. Asking about that in advance, though, doesn’t show trust and love.
Youth might be no fun at all without the youthful outlook. And, who knows, maybe few inventions would have ever come about without the blind perserverence of youth. Wisdom usually comes only with age since the ears of the youth are like a radio that only gets a few stations: music, gossip, protest movements of any sort, etc. The “talk-radio” station of sage advice is all static to them and gets turned off. But, their eyes are always working (television, video games, the internet). Whether our youth admit it or not, parents are seen. So, the best way to teach our young people is by being good examples to follow.
- The first mascara was made from Vaseline.
- For natural beauty, or to save money, try using plain Vaseline on your lashes instead of mascara.
- It darkens lashes, it won’t dry up to make lashes break off, and it won’t cake up.
Or, try Lavera Natural Cosmetics Volume Mascara , Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara , or Lavera Natural Cosmetics Volume Mascara .
Truly Natural Mascara Chocolate Truffle is made by Honeybee Gardens. The light-as-a-feather mascara boasts zero clumping due to the absence of clay in the superior lash-conditioning formula, and this botanically-enriched mascara is paraben free. This one comes in black, black-brown, and brown.
Frontier Natural makes Suncoat natural sugar-based mascara , and it comes in navy blue. Suncoat natural mascaras are colored with mineral colorants, not FD&C; dyes. They are also fragrance-free, and paraben-free.
- Black mascara gives blondes and redheads a harsh look. CoverGirl Natureluxe Mousse Mascara and Mineral Fusion Lengthening Mascara come in brown, which gives color and fullness while still looking natural.
- And, CoverGirl makes Exact EyeLights Black Ruby Mascara , which is reddish black for redheads or people with green Eyes.
- To separate clumpy lashes, use an eyelash comb .