Natural Kitchen Tips
Sharpen garbage disposal blades occasionally by adding some ice cubes before running, or by adding egg shells while running it.
Some things can break the garbage disposal, like potato peels. Put most foods into the compost pile or the trash can and let just little bits go down the drain.
You can pour freshly brewed coffee or tea directly into a glass of ice safely if you put a teaspoon into the glass first. The spoon absorbs enough of the heat so the glass won’t crack. More…
For more articles like this visit our HomePage SafeNaturaltips.com.
Natural Food Tips
- Get the last bit of shortening from the can by filling it with boiling water. After it cools, the shortening will rise to the top and harden.
- Get the last of the chocolate syrup, pancake syrup, or corn syrup out of the bottle by putting it in the microwave oven for 10 seconds or so. Heat it with the top open to let it vent.
- To ripen fruit quickly, put it into a bag along with one ripe piece of fruit. The ripe fruit gives off a little “ripening gas” called ethylene Read more
Food Storage Tips
Make stale marshmallows taste soft and fresh. Put a slice of fresh bread in the bag and leave it closed for 1 or 2 days.
Soften cookies that have become hard by placing a slice of bread in with them overnight.
Put a slice of bread inside a cake tin to keep the cake moist. If the bread gets dried out, replace it with a fresh slice. More…
For more articles like this visit our HomePage safenaturaltips.com.
Food Preparation Tips
Tips for Tools and Ovens
- Pre-heat the oven for ten minutes before cooking.
- To prevent food from sticking, heat the frying pan, then add oil.
- You can tell if a pan is hot enough for cooking by getting your fingers wet and flicking them at the inside of the pan. If the water droplets sizzle and bounce around, the pan is ready Read more
After Cooking Tips
After your turkey dinner, cut all the leftover turkey off the bone as soon as possible or it will dry out.
Leftover mashed potatoes can be fried up as potato pancakes the next day, using your favorite recipe.
Reheat rolls in the oven or microwave along with a small dish (ovenproof) of water and the rolls will have a fresh-baked consistency, and not get dried out in the oven or chewy in the microwave. Read more
For more articles like this visit our HomePage safeNaturaltips.com.